This 22-story office building, built in 1952, presented a dated façade in dire need of a facelift. Challenged by Edison Properties to elevate the building’s stature, MdeAS replaced the façade, storefronts and lobby. The firm was able to add a dynamic element to the curtain wall and create a distinct texture within a canyon of corporate towers by using different glass transparencies and mullion depths. The large spans of clear glass at the storefront level have enriched the retail space and improved the retailers’ street presence. The double-height lobby features an aluminum leaf ceiling and limestone-clad walls, providing a stately entry for the building’s tenants and their guests.